Monday, November 30, 2009

Why do my fingernails hurt when I take off my finger nail polish?

I always wear polish, usually just clear, but when I leave it off, after about an hour, underneath my fingernails gets really sore and sensitive. Why??Why do my fingernails hurt when I take off my finger nail polish?
You could just be having an allergic reaction to it. Polish remover has a drying effect to it. Have you tried using non-acetone polish remover? Maybe that will help. Either way, avoid using polish remover more than once a week, and keep it away from your skin if you can. Wash your hands after using polish remover. Then, use a good moisturizing lotion. Also, use a good quality cuticle oil on your nails. Apply to your cuticle area, and massage into your cuticles and nails. This will help to keep them moisturized, and healthy. Use 2-3 times a day, even with nail polish on you can use it.


Good luck!Why do my fingernails hurt when I take off my finger nail polish?
Try acetone free remover.





It sounds like maybe you get used to the extra protection of the polish (it makes your nails stronger and less bendable).
its some sort of chemical reaction
Maybe you're allergic to something in it. Try buying acetone-free nail polish remover for more sensitive nails, and see if that helps.
it could be the chemicals inside the remover, especially if you have open sores
You might be allergic or have a reaction to the nail polish you are using. Try a different brand or just dont use nail polish
maybe your nails are kind of messed up from wearing polish all the time. that happened to me once and i just left my nails natural for a week or two. just let your nails breathe every once in a while.
Acetone strips a layer of your nail (i still use it though lol), and it's just a little bit of an uncomfortable chemical reaction between the acetone and your nail. Give it a bit of time to stop reacting to the acetone before you paint your nails

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles