Monday, November 30, 2009

How can I get my finger nail polish to last a week? It chips off after a day or two.?

Is there a secret trick to long lasting nail polish? I have tried many products that say that it will last up to a week, but they have not met my nails. What is the trick to making your nail polish last?How can I get my finger nail polish to last a week? It chips off after a day or two.?
first, remove all the traces of any old products. Then sand down the surface of your nails with one of those sandpaper-like files which are made for the surface.


Carefully remove all dust, grease or moisture. Your nails must be perfectly clean and dry before applying anything to them.


Use a sub-lacquer. It's a transparent nail polish which is used as a basis for the real polish.


After the base coat has dried completely, apply the colour polish of your choice.





This way, it should last about 3-4 days in my experience. If you work with your hands, even if it's just washing the dishes or so, there's no way in hell your polish would last the entire week. Sorry.How can I get my finger nail polish to last a week? It chips off after a day or two.?
i agree with bashnick!!!
I will use a cheaper nail polish but never chince on a good top coat.
I put a fresh coat of clear polish on every evening. It is a hassle, but my nails look pretty for 7-10 days.
dip the tips of your fingers in vinegar first. (make sure the vinegar actually coats your nails)





i promise this works. :)
Use a base coat and a top coat - and I recommend using OPI's nail envy. Also, when you do chores around the house, like dishes, wear gloves.
The trick is getting a good top coat. What I have done is I bought a bottle of the stuff they use at my hair salon. It costs a little more but it lasts.
use a nail polish remover before you apply anything even if your nails are clean.


use a base coat...two coats of colour...top coat


and a nail polish with no alchohol in it that will just make it dry faster but they will chip.


becareful with your hands.
Use a good base coat (stickey by CND, Seche Base, or Orly ';Bonder'; base coat)





two coats of any color





one coat of Seche Vite quick dry toap coat





refresh the top coat every morning.
Sally Hanson Triple Strong used as base and top coat will make polish last longer. Wear gloves when doing anything where your hands are in water.
i would think if you put clear nail polish on last that would protect the colour that you are wearing on underneath the clear polish
Besides putting a clear coat on daily, be sure not to use too thick of a coat to begin with. Put on a thin layer and allow that to airdry before putting on the next coat. Also, wear gloves when doing dishes or otherwise having your hands in water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles