Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Why is wearing red nail polish - especially on the fingernails - often considered cheap and vulgar?

I am talking about all shades of red, from light red to crimson and burgundy. Are some reds considered respectable?Why is wearing red nail polish - especially on the fingernails - often considered cheap and vulgar?
beause it has been common prostitute practice since the 70s, and so now its frowned uponWhy is wearing red nail polish - especially on the fingernails - often considered cheap and vulgar?
I never thought of it as cheap and vulgar. I've worn it and it has always looked pretty on me. (And no, I'm not a prostitute). I've heard that men love red nail color. Don't know why.
as long as you aren't trashy, go for it!
it doesn't matter what color is your nail polish as long as you mach it with your clothes. red is not vulgar. for some is sexy for others is elegant. you can't go wrong with red as long as you mach it with something (what you wear).
I didn't know that......I love wearing red nail polish. and if you like wearing red nail polish then do it:) It dosn't matter what anyone else thinks!
That's so old school! Only old people think that!
That's a color that people look at and think about sex ,they always have so its not your problem because when you wear these colors you aren't thinking about sex they are .Its not what you wear its how you wear it. Think about if you're just wearing it and their the ones who thinks of the color that way who's really the cheap and vulgar ones. I say wear whatever color you want to get a design with light and dark red at one time ,forget them if they don't like the station change the channel. Meaning if it bothers them don't look. Work the reds girl.
Red nail polish is red nail polish. It is the mind that makes it anything else.





Enjoy your red nail polish.
because it's usually screaming PROSTITUTE and SLU T and all that...
I think its pretty if your nails are on the shorter side like to the ends of your fingertips..any longer and it looks tacky and as long as the rest of you doesnt look like a hooker (clothes or makeup)the color of your nails shouldnt matter.
cause every body wears it
red is very bright color. red is a sexy color it will attract your eyes.red is a respectable color and powerful color.
I've honestly never heard of this before! Interesting. I love red on nails, I think it's cute. Certain people really can't wear red on their fingernails though b/c it doesn't look right. But I love it, personally.
Um i have never heard of it as cheap and vulgar. I wear red nail polish all the time and so do tonesof people. Maybe it used to be considered that but not anymore.
It was a common color back in the day and most ';street'; women wore the color red. But now its not seen that way you see plenty of celebs wearing it like Christina A. Gewn S. Lindsey L. ITS WHATS HOT! Its hard to take off tho it bleeds...
I dont even like red nail polish.it's something about it that's so tacky to me.
I know it makes me angry too that ppl take it like that!


I use hot oink in my finger nails, and it looks hip!
In my opinion it is because 60 year old women wear it on their 20 inch long fake nails. That is why I dont wear it! I've never heard been talked about in school or anything, but I've just seen it and it is a turn off for your own color nails.
like a really fake color of red looks bad and if you have like loong nails to but I got your basic common red nail polish like from CVS and put white polka dots on it and so many people commented it and said it looks good not trashy they said it was cute and really fun for the summer








Brooke :)
I think this really depends on the shade of red. Bright fire engine red is often linked to prostitutes, but a deeper burgundy isn't usually.
All reds are ';respectable';!! Whatever style YOU want is what's fabulous. Sometimes red on the fingers remind people of blood. Light red would be prettier on fingers and toes, but it's what YOU decide that matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And don't ever worry about respectable stuff.
yes! it's a classic!
some shades are ok, but don't wear bright christmas color candy apple red that would be kinda bad

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles