Monday, June 21, 2010

Can nail polish remover be used as a disinfectant?

just need something to disinfect a blade (its not something to use for distructive purposes) but all i can find is nail polish removerCan nail polish remover be used as a disinfectant?
NO NO NO.. just put some water in a pan and boil it and put the blade in this hot water for a minute or two.Can nail polish remover be used as a disinfectant?
no, don't do that use soap and hot water or boil the blade for ten minutes. Nail polish remover strips chemicals, it doesn't disinfect anything. Do you have any vodka or another pure grain alchohol availabe? what about a first aid kit with rubbing alchohol, iodine or hydrogen peroxide? all those will disinfect too. keep looking
Hey this is your older brother in ohio. Not really but I just wanted to say thanks for the kind words. I hardly ever respond to anyones questions instead I just like to ask. For some reason I was drawn to yours I guess its because I'm a serial killer. lol just kidding I don't want to sound to creepy. I am glad I helped you. Oh yea maybe you can talk to your dad again. Be honest and calm. Tell him the way you feel and that you don't want rehab you just want a prescription for your essential meds. Look at it like this...its no different than a diabetic taking insulin. PS the only people that know I have depression are the ones I talk to online. Its my problem and I have accepted it. Everyone has a problem or problems. I bet you have a good laugh smile and I already know you have a caring and worthwhile personality. Wow....this is kindof addicting....lol





Your new stranger friend, Scratch
Nail polish is a solvent. Use the boiling water recommendation, bleach %26amp; water, whiskey. or alcohol.
Look around and see if you have rubbing alcohol, peroxide,shaving cream(contains alcohol), or mouth wash also contains alcohol. these are a few of the items I would recommend. Lysol, read labels on your cleaning supplies. I don't think that nail polish would do it. Another one is vinegar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles