Thursday, December 3, 2009

How do I remove fresh nail polish from carpet?

My wife is a manicurist and let me forewarn you that if you use the polish remover on the floor you may end up having to put the coffee table or sofa over that spot. I would go ahead and try though because she has done this twice. The first time it worked and the second was a disaster. Good luck.How do I remove fresh nail polish from carpet?
It will depend on what the carpet is made of. If it is wool the acetone in the polish remover won't hurt it. It may effect the color though. If the carpet is synthetic the acetone could melt it. I would go to a spot that is out of the way and try it. If the polish is real fresh, hasn't dried hard, try mineral spirits. I won't hurt the carpet or remove the color.How do I remove fresh nail polish from carpet?
try GOOF OFF i use it all the time work's great
The problem is that the nail polish remover can disolor or melt the carpet fibers. Try using just a little bit of the remover and dab it on, then wipe it off quickly. Alternately - you could cut the damaged piece out and replace that piece with a matching scrap if there are some left in the attic or garage from the installation.
I sometimes use nail polish remover and it sometimes works...if not i dont know

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
freckles